Thursday, January 14, 2010

Maniacs, Fear, & Deceit.

Hosea 9:7

Because your sins are so many and your hostility so great, the prophet is considered a fool, the inspired man a maniac.

I remember back about 6 years ago.......

I was sitting on a couch with 3 business partners, a father and a mother. We were discussing the possibilities of a "business venture". On the outside, what was put in front of us looked like a great deal. However, somewhere down inside me I didn't feel comfortable with going forward. At the end of the meeting everyone said, "Ok, are we doing this?" My response was, "I need sometime to think about it."

I can't explain to you what happened next......but I assure you what I am saying is real.

In my prayers and anxious waiting the Lord showed up. I didn't hear him, I didn't see him, I didn't feel him, but he showed up. He told me that if I went forward with the "deal" we would without a doubt loose all of our money, not receive the product we payed for, and that there was a better option waiting for us.

I went back to the next meeting and told the group what had happened.

I was mocked, cursed, made fun of, and humiliated. I was told "God didn't tell you anything!" The argument lasted several hours. 5 against 1. A couple of hours later I was told, "Well Cody, if you don't do this, we are doing it without you."

TRANSLATION.....Bye Bye.

In that moment I had a choice. I could trust the Lord and fear him or I could not trust the Lord and fear man.

Of course.....I feared man. I agreed to go forward with the deal.

A couple of months later when the "deal" was done and time came to get our "product" we found out that.......bluntly put, we were robbed.

After months of hard work and planning for the future I watched $45,000 dollars walk away in another mans pocket.

In one moment I lost a years wages.

That moment.....when I choose to fear man over the Lord began a "curse" in my life. Really the "curse" was just consequence. I was a fool and I chose the road for my life, not the Lord.

The following years were like trying to run with a broken ankle. I made it, was able to get around, but at great cost. Everything was difficult, everything was a burden, nothing came easy. Worst of all, I let everyone know that I was a coward. So bad decision created more bad decisions. Debt created more debt.

It's amazing looking back at the hell my life walked with daily, and now knowing that ALL of it was MY CHOICE.

6 years later I get the answer,

Hosea 9:7

Because your sins are so many and your hostility so great, the prophet is considered a fool, the inspired man a maniac.

Our world has become so deceived by its own sin that up has become down, right has become left, pain has become comfort, and hate has become love. Our minds have been infiltrated by the enemy and we have lost control. Truth has become lies and deceit has become truth.

The few of us that truly seek the Lord WILL LOOK LIKE IDIOTS. We will be humiliated, cursed, mocked, and made fun of. Worst of all it will most likely happen by those closest to us.

So when that moment comes where everything you are is being torn down, fear the Lord, not man.

Stare opposition in the face and let it know that you will not be shaken.

Plant your feet firmly against the rock beneath your feet.

Proverbs 9:10

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom."

Fear not my friends. For to fear things of this world simply says you do not know who you are or where you are from.

Cody P.


1 comment:

Jaymi said...

yeah!!!! kinda like what we were talking about over workout yesterday...the BS pile gets bigger, the truth gets hidden deeper. It's time to get real eh?